The following press release is courtesy of Lake Jennings in the San Diego area:
- It’s finally LABOR DAY WEEKEND! Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 8/31-9/2, the lake will be open 6:00 a.m. to midnight with full size lanterns required after 8:00 p.m. We will also be open on Labor Day, Monday, 9/3, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Labor Day marks the end of our night fishing season. But mark your calendars for October 6th! The lake will be open until 10:00 p.m. for New Moon Fishing!
- The lake will be stocked with our final stocking of the season, 1,000 lbs. of catfish this week! The grand total for the season was a whopping 10,000 lbs!
- Anglers are finding lots of catfish in Eagle Cove and Half Moon Cove biting on mackerel and nightcrawlers. One angler last weekend even reeled in a nice 16+ lb. cat in Eagle Point on mackerel.
- Bass have been caught all over the eastern portion of the lake from Cloister Cove to Sentry Point. Try using Senkos and nightcrawlers. Anglers were blowing it up on shad all around the dock!
- We’re also seeing those cute bluegill and redear panfish biting on mealworms and wax worms over off Eagle Point and in Half Moon Cove.
- Enjoy a fun-filled day at the lake this Labor Day cruising around the lake, fishing the coves, or picnicking with friends!
- Kayaks are available for rent and feature multiple rod holders and water tight compartments. Children can kayak if their parent or legal guardian is also kayaking and they can physically operate the kayak themselves. Are your kiddos not quite ready for that? Paddle boating is a great option for crusing on the lake and fun for the whole family.
- Come visit us at the campground. Pets are allowed at the campground as long as they are on a 6 foot (or shorter) leash. The fresh air and outdoor excitement are sure to keep them going.
- Lake Jennings is a drinking water reservoir and remember, no body contact is permitted.
- For camping reservations just give us a call (619) 390-1623 or visit www.lakejennings.org to make your reservations. Come spend a few days with us!