The following is courtesy of the Golden Gate Salmon Association:
Sonoma, CA (November 18, 2019) – The crash of a gasoline tanker truck which spilled 4300 gallons of gas and shut down state highway 121 Saturday in both directions has forced the rescheduling of the 6th Annual Sonoma Salmon Stewards fundraising dinner. The dinner is sponsored by the Golden State Salmon Association (GSSA), formerly GGSA, and is an annual highlight in Sonoma’s Valley of the Moon.
The dinner has been rescheduled for Saturday, February 1 at Viansa Sonoma and will honor biodynamic cannabis farmer Erich Pearson, founder operator of Sparc Farm at Gordenker Ranch in Glen Ellen. The February dinner will feature an evening of culinary delights and Sonoma County’s finest wines. It will also feature an auction to raise money to support GSSA’s work to keep strong salmon populations in California.
Among the very special auction items:
- a weekend for six at a private estate on the beautiful rugged south Mendocino coast,
- a weekend for two at SF Japantown’s luxurious Kabuki Hotel topped off with tickets to the Fillmore Auditorium for a show of your choice
- an overnight stay at Plumpjack resort in Squaw Valley.
- a weekend at beautiful Caples Lake Resort in the Sierras, complete with a free boat rental
- a clays shoot at Sonoma’s Wing and Barrel for you and your friends.
In the category of unusual, unique experiences to be auctioned:
- a rare, private tour behind the scenes at the state’s most successful salmon hatchery
- a customized guided visit for ten to one of the state’s most successful cannabis cultivating farms in Sonoma County
- a private, customized fishing trip for four on a state of the art, comfortable, top of the line sport fishing boat.
- a customized dinner for ten at the historic William Tell House in Tomales
- a twilight crab and wine dinner for six on a private Bodega Bay charter boat.
- a personalized fly fishing experience to be used either in the upper Sacramento River or Trinity River.
Original tickets will be accepted and there are still tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/6th-annual-ggsa-sonoma-salmon-celebration-tickets-71921544275
Any who had tickets for the November 16 date who can’t make the February date or want a refund should contact GSSA at the number below.
“We are sorry we’ve had to reschedule due to circumstances beyond our control but the show will go on and we thank supporters for being understanding and bearing with us,” said GSSA president John McManus.
The festivities will take place at Viansa Sonoma, 25200 Arnold Drive in Sonoma on Saturday, February1 starting at 5p.m until 9p.m. The winery known for its wetlands and views, provides a perfect location for the annual GSSA fundraiser.
The evening will begin with an appetizer reception, followed by a dinner prepared by critically acclaimed Chef Ted Wilson of William Tell House in Tomales Bay.
For ticket refunds contact Cat Kaiser at 855-251-4472
About Viansa Sonoma
Established in February 1990 with the goal of bringing the Northern Italian culture of food and wine to the Sonoma valley and share the rich family history of Vicki and Sam Sebastiani. Viansa winery is located on beautiful hillside in the picturesque Carneros region of Sonoma Valley featuring a 97 acre waterfowl preserve where migratory ducks and geese find sanctuary during on their annual trip between Canada and Mexico.
The Golden State Salmon Association (www.goldenstatesalmonassociation.org) is a coalition of salmon advocates that includes commercial and recreational salmon fisherman, businesses, restaurants, a native tribe, environmentalists, elected officials, families and communities dedicated to restoring California salmon for their economic, recreational, commercial, environmental, cultural and health values