The following is courtesy of Lake Jennings in San Diego:
- We had our last scheduled stocking of trout the week of April 22nd with 1,500 lbs but received a surprise stocking of 500 additional pounds from DFW last week. Current water temps are still under 70 degrees and you should see trout holdover strong through May and into June.
- Some larger trout in Hermit Cove were reeled in on Salmon Peach Powerbait. One lucky angler caught his limit trolling in the middle of the lake going to depths of 30 feet using Rapala Broken Back Black and Gold lures. It’s not a bad time of year to rent a boat!
- If you’re looking for bass, they’re not hiding. Cloister Cove is producing lots of largemouth bass on drop shot purple punisher robos and the campground shoreline was on fire mid-week last week using nightcrawlers.
- Bluegill and Redear are becoming much more active. Anglers were catching them in Siesta Cove and near the T-dock on wax worms. Some really large ones over 2lb were pulled out this last week. Talk about the size of a dinner plate!
- Catfish Stocking begins with Catfish Opening weekend 5/24 to 5/27! 10,000 lbs. of channel catfish will once again stocked throughout the season! We’re ready for night fishing–are you?
- Remember, Lake Jennings has active duty military pricing for fishing permits and boat rentals. Just show your ID at the register to receive a discounted rate!
- Just a few weeks left for Spring Photo Contest submissions! All photos are eligible taken between March – May. For more details, please click HERE.
- A big THANK YOU to all who joined us for Spring Carnival. It was a huge success and so good to see everyone! The Ranger Rabbit made an appearance bringing smiles to all kiddos young and young at heart! Lots of Easter eggs were hunted and lots of fish were caught at the kid’s fish pond.
- To keep up-to-date on all of the happenings at the lake CLICK HERE to see our Events calendar.
- Campsites are going quick this time of year. Just a few sites are left for this weekend so hurry and book your reservations! We recommend making reservations a few weeks in advance to ensure you get the site you want! Go to our website at www.lakejennings.
org or call (619) 390-1623 to book!
- Rental boats are always available on a first come, first serve basis. We have motorboats, rowboats, kayaks, and paddle boats for rent. Bring your family and friends out for a beautiful day on the lake!
- Please remember to make sure your trash gets in the proper receptacles when you are here at the lake. Keep the fish and the other wildlife safe!
Make a camping reservation today!