The following report is courtesy of Lake Jennings:
- Bass seem to be everywhere! Fishermen reeled in some bass near the boat dock on garlic nightcrawlers. Others were productive in Shadow Cove using shiners and on the shoreline over in Cloister Cove. Try your luck using senkos, rapala lures and worms.
- Bluegill are biting in the reeds near Eagle Point. Half Moon Cove was a popular spot too. Anglers caught some redear sunfish and crappie on cut nightcrawlers near the T-dock.
- The catfish were hanging out in Hermit Cove and Cloister Cove biting on chicken livers.
- Do you miss Night Fishing season? Not to worry! New Moon Fishing is on Saturday, October 6th from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Remember full-sized lanterns are required after 6:00 p.m.
- Lake Jennings has Active Duty Military pricing for fishing permits, boat, kayak and paddle boat rentals. Bring your family and friends for some lake time! Just show your ID at the register to receive a discounted rate!
- If you’re looking for some thrills for Halloween, come camp with us for some fun and spooky activities at the campground! Spooky Camp-o-Ween will be held two weekends this year. First weekend is Friday, 10/19 to Sunday, 10/21 and Second weekend is Friday, 10/26 to Sunday, 10/28. There will be ghost stories with s’mores, campsite trick-or-treating, and campsite decorating contests! The Grand Prize is a full camping weekend, family of four fishing permits and boat rental!
Make your camping reservations today at www.lakejennings.org or
call (619) 390-1623.
- Long term campsites are now available through March 2019 for the Winter season. Campers can stay up to 6 30-night periods for a discounted rate. We have full and partial hookups available and some even have views of the lake! If you would like to know more about long term availability or have questions, please call (619) 390-1623.
- Lake Jennings is a drinking water reservoir and remember, no body contact is permitted.